Thursday, August 11, 2011

toy, Toy, TOY!

So, call it an early birthday present, call it pretty, call me crazy, but here it is: my new Toy. (My instinct was to capitalize "Toy" because it's a noun--I decided to leave it.)
IMG_0098

IMG_0093


Yes, after more than a month of driving Sara crazy by talking about and ogling every bicycle I've passed (and been passed by), I found a guy in north-central Bonn who repairs and sells old bikes out of his garage. This was a beautiful bike that he picked "just for me" because it "fits my size". Whatever. I love it. It's pretty, light, and Sara loves the fact that the paint is slightly sparkly. The plan is, once I track down a helmet, some replacement inner tubes, a pump, and some lights, to take her (the bike, that is) for a spin from Bonn to Koblenz along the Rhine. I'll let you know if the rain here ever clears up enough to do so.

IMG_0089
P.S. I chuckled out loud when I saw this bumper sticker the other day. (A "Bonner" is someone from Bonn.) I found it funny for two reasons: 1) it's just a funny thing to say, 2) I thought to myself, "Wow! I just understood a funny bumper sticker in GERMAN! Oh, no, wait. It's not actually in German. It just has an extra 'u' in 'honor' and I'm in Germany. Drat." What a silly world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments remind us that once upon a time we had friends.